During May, the nation’s leading child welfare organizations come together to raise the visibility of foster care issues and encourage more people to get involved and support the more than 380,000 children and youth under 18 living in out-of-home care throughout the year. Below you will find several helpful marketing and promotional resources created for the national campaign. These materials can also be adapted for use at the local level.
- Raise AWARENESS about the magnitude of the issue and the urgent and sustaining needs of children and older youth in foster care and their families;
- Issue a national CALL-TO-ACTION that motivates, inspires and facilitates many more Americans to come forward and help change a lifetime for a young person in foster care; and,
- Develop a positive framework for maintaining visibility and interest in the foster care issue in SUPPORT OF THE YEAR-ROUND EFFORTS of the National Foster Care Month Partner organizations and other child welfare agencies.
- National Foster Care Month is presented by America’s leading child welfare organizations that work year-round on behalf of children in foster care and their families. A full listing of the partnership is included in Tools. For more information, or to find links to the web sites of each Partner, click here.
Graphics and Promotional Materials
- There are several design elements and materials available to you via the national campaign. Incorporate the logo graphic into your own collateral materials and on your web site. Consumer posters also are available free of charge (while quantities last) at the Online Store. Check out Tools for graphics and advertisements you can use to promote foster care in your community.
change a lifetime Menu
- No matter how much time you have to give, you have the power to do something positive that will Change a Lifetime for a young person in foster care. There are many different ways that individuals, organizations and communities can get involved and make a lasting difference for America’s children. Although the rewards are great, some people in your community may not be ready or interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent at this time. The change a lifetime Menu spells out many of the other options (organized by the anticipated level of time commitment) for those who would like to lend their support in another way. Consider customizing this menu with local agency contact information to make this tool even more valuable for people in your area.
Events and Promotions
- The Blue Ribbon Campaign is presented by the National Foster Parent Association as a way of calling attention to the urgent needs of youth in foster care. Supporters wear a blue ribbon to signal their dedication to the cause and to honor those already working to make a difference. In nearly every state, ribbon tying ceremonies and special events are planned in celebration of Foster Care Month. Click here to find a listing of scheduled ceremonies and events near your community.
- Visit our Events Calendar to find out more about fundraisers, receptions, conferences, galas, art exhibits, theatrical premieres and other special gatherings being planned as part of the National Foster Care Month celebration.
- For creative assets that you can use to create your own promotional materials, visit our Logos and Campaign Graphics page.